Donnerstag, 30. August 2012

Mid-week: looking back on the past days...

Each day, and especially the mornings, of this week's work days came with their special touch of magic and positive energy the pick up. And I've come to realize, that the most dreaded thing about these early mornings aren't the facts that I have to get up early, or work itself - no, it's actually the moment, when I have to succumb to social demands, by having to put on clothes, when the time has come to get out and make my way to work.

I still defy mainstream social norms by denying to wear shoes, when walking to the bus stop, riding the bus, entering the office building and spending my first hours of work... by staying barefoot as long as possible, I keep up the last bit of direct contact with my surroundings as well as the last shred of natural nudity.




My Nuddhist morning exercises, redundant as they may seem, also provided me with various different sensations on the last days, too - due to ever-changing weather and temperature conditions as well as thoughts and feelings evoked by them...

Monday:

Monday morning, 12°C (54°F) - a cool and fresh start into the week. During my moring Nuddhism exercise, I mixed up my own little portion of fog, mingling the small wisps of steam from my mug of coffee with the trails of my own breath on exhaling.

Breathing in the cool morning air that I clad my body in makes me smile with anticipation of a barefoot walk over cool and wet grass on my way to work...


(That cool and dewy grass is featured in the first barefoot picture above)

Tuesday:

Mother Nature has scheduled cloud racing this morning. With a mild breeze blowing over my skyclad body at 18°C (64°F), there are no breath fog trails or mixing my own fog with the steam from my coffee mug during today's morning Nuddhism exercise... I inhale the mild morning air, watching low-flying clouds hover past overhead, feeling my balcony's wooden floorboards beneath my bare soles.

Actually, the cloud races had a winner on that morning, too, as I could see at the bus stop a bit later:


That one grey cloud got ahead of the rest, took the lead and clearly stood out from the rest of the grey mass...

Wednesday:

Good morning, world... I just greeted the day in my usual Nuddhist way, skyclad and barefoot on my balcony, clad in cool early morning air (16°C/61°F), while stars were winking down on me...

And now, alas, it's time again to get ready to get to work. The sad part is (as usual) not work itself, but the stupid social demand of having to put on clothes...



But that initial sadness was overcome quickly, since Mother Nature decided to cheer me up not only by the nice feeling of soft grass underfoot, but by painting very impressive sky and cloud pictures on that morning, too...

On exiting the bus near the office, I beheld this:


 
And passing those trees and bushes, I was totally baffled to actually spot a dragon hovering in the sky...


If I'd have to explain in detail, where I spotted a dragon, the magic would be gone... but still: there's a head, a forepaw, a hind paw and a tail visible, too... it reminded me a lot of those typical Chinese luck dragons with their big fluffy heads, as you can see them in colorful street processions.
 
The wildly colorful sky paintings continued with another of those Hollywood-style sunrises, as seen from the office parking lot and shot out of the office window...




My daily task of spotting the special moments, the beauty and gathering positive vibes to make a nice day was very easily fulfilled by views like those and by my little daily Nuddhist ritual, too.

Work itself? Well, routine stuff, really, but without the pangs of feeling too much like a small part of a machine. Finding the balance between merely functioning and really living, between work and play, works really well at present. I like that. In act, I love it.

And since it increases my personal happiness, I will carry on with it, and follow this advice:


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen