Sonntag, 19. August 2012

Nuddhist picnic, barefoot office Saturday and an epic fail...

OK, this was the first day of the predicted hot weekend...

In the shade, temperatures rose as high a 32°C (90°F) and it was considerably hotter in the sun, as my bare soles felt, when walking on sunlit sidewalks... coming home in the hot afternoon after work left my feet tingling from the heat. Taking a cold shower - to cool down not only my feet - brought instant relief, followed by applying some moisturizing foot cream (containing 10 per cent urea) to my soles.

Since my inner clock woke me up at the usual time around 5 am, and my Saturday shift was to begin an hour later than my regular workday one, I decided to start the day with a nuddhist breakfast picnic in my favourite park nearby, which is - quite practically - also right next to the bus stop, where I usually board the bus to get to the office. So, packing some snacks, including a big portion of grapes, dressing in my berry-red sarong and a black t-shirt with a Ganesha print on it, I strolled barefoot down to the park, met a few people walking their dogs in the balmy morning air, and then enjoyed - very much - the feeling of cool and dew-wet grass underfoot.


The morning sun was putting bright caps onto the treetops, as I strolled around, taking in the atmosphere and already starting a little breath meditation exercise, while slowly walking barefoot on the cool and moist shaggy carpet of grass...



After walking for a while and relaxing, I spotted a tree, which was just the right one to sit down beneath, and so I spread my picnic cloth to sit on, and made myself comfortable there...




After enjoying my stroll on the wet grass, I took off my clothes, did some breathing exercises standing up, a warm breeze wafting over my skin, while drawing up good energy from Mother Earth, gathering it inside me, and sending out vibes of love and compassion to my beloveds, dwelling in my heart. Then, I sat down and took a look at my soles. The dew had washed off the usual black layer of urban dirt, and the dark, well-worn living leather presented itself: 


Since I chose a spot to sit facing eastwards, I gazed into the trees with a little morning sun filtering through them, as well. The soothing green colors made me forget, that I had to get to work a while later... I inhaled the fresh scents of summer, relaxed some more, gathering some more power.



Then, I felt a slight rumble in my stomach, as my first breakfast at home had just been my usual nuddhist mug of coffee on my balcony. It was time to have a little snack:


Since it was a nuddhist picnic, I also got a little silly, playing with my food...

Berrybutton :-)

Nuddhist fruit bowl
After having my breakfast, spending an hour of barefoot and naked quality time in the park, I - reluctantly - put on my clothes again, and went to the bus stop to board the bus that would take me to the office...

And there, a really hilarious thing happened. First, we heard fire truck sirens from afar, then someone called out "They're coming here...". And, indeed, several fire trucks and an ambulance came up to our office building, blue lights flashing...



Of course, we wondered, whether someone had smoked on the toilet, or if it was the real thing...? But the solution turned out to be an epic fail indeed:

The IT guy on Saturday duty wanted to fix himself a little something for second breakfast and therefore had a toaster grill in his office. Unfortunately, he kept the baguette, he wanted to toast, in it for too long, and thereby setting off the smoke alarm, which is directly rigged to alarm the fire brigade. So, it seems to be true, that IT people are whiz kids with their computers, but totally inept at fixing themselves proper food.

After work, I went into town, for a little Saturday shopping, enjoying the cool tiled mall floor and also spotting one other male barefooter... he was just walking off in the opposite direction, as I came up from the underground bus stop (located in a tunnel underneath the central station). Had I arrived a few seconds earlier, we could have wiggled bare toes in greeting at each other...

The rest of the hot day, I spent at home, holding siesta, waiting for cooler air to come - but even at night (it's 2.20 am, as I am writing this), we're still having temperatures of 27°C (81°F). Quite a tropical night... I wonder, if I get any sleep, before the sun rises to heat up my place to body heat... Forecasts for Sunday: sunny, 36°C (96°F) in the shade.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen