Montag, 24. September 2012

Autumn Fairies have danced by...


It certainly feels like on the day of the fall equinox (Saturday), autumn fairies had been around to fill the air with the typical feeling of fall... even though the day was fair, with fluffy white clouds in a blue sky, the air already began feeling quite cool in the shade (as well as the ground beneath my bare feet), while the sunlit places were still warm.

Autumn Fairy - painting by Caroline Jamhour

There is a special kind of magic to autumn - while most people feel glum and sad about grey skies, fog, rain and seeing the leaves fall, I am able to spot the beauty in this season as well and welcome the cooler days for their sensations, such as the tangy scents of wet leaves and rain-soaked soil. It's also the season, when the trees light up in hues of yellow, orange and red, before baring their limbs, providing us with sometimes breathtaking sights.

Oh, and the delight of feeling fallen leaves underfoot, when walking barefoot in the park in the woods or anywhere the trees have lost part of their foliage...











Sometimes it feels like saying good-bye to summer, when walking barefoot over wet grass, leaves underfoot, into the mist...

And this morning, not only autumn fairies are flutterin by, but rain fairies are celebrating a wild dance, as showers are falling (accompanied by an occasional flash of lightning and the rolling of thunder, too)...



My nuddhist morning exercise felt extra refreshing, when standing on my balcony, listening to the rush of rain falling and feeling the 9°C (49°F) cool air on my bare skin... today, I will make sure to roll up the cuffs of my pants high enough to keep them dry, while enjoying the feeling of splashing barefoot through large puddles on my way to work. Another example of me being different to the average and mainstream: most people feel depressed and miserable when it's cool and rainy... I rejoice, wiggling my bare toes happily in anticipation of getting my bare feet wet.

So, I have to thank the autumn and rain fairies for a nicely refreshing and invigorating start of a new week.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen