Samstag, 8. September 2012

Blue Moon...

After posting about the past long gone, it's now time to post about the more recent past... on August 31, we had a blue moon happening (that's what it's called, when full moon happens twice in a month - and after August 2, the second full moon took place on August 31).

Having basked in the light of the first full moon of August 2 (as it was about to set on the early morning of August 3), I was looking forward to do so again in the light of the blue moon on August 31, too...

Full moon on August 3, early morning before work, as seen from my balcony

However, on the start of that day, Mother Nature had decided to add a picture to her grey collection of sky paintings, and the day itself was rather cool and occasionally rainy, too.


Even though the occasional rain on that day provided the pleasant sensation of splashing my bare feet in puddles (one of my favourite barefoot pastimes), I was a little anxious about missing the blue moon this time (the next one won't happen before 2015). And in the evening, the sky stayed overcast...

But, since I am doing my daily recharging in the early morning hours on work days, by doing my usual nuddhist exercise after getting up, I was rewarded with once again being able to bask in the light of the full moon, making it a morning blue moon bath...





And even though it was a Saturday morning (and my office Saturday, too), I enjoyed having to get up early and not missing this occasion, seeing the eastern sky lighting up, while the moon shone in the south-western sky...

Even though the morning was a bit chilly, with only 10°C (50°F), I greatly enjoyed basking in moonlight, feeling the cool air on my skin, breathing in the rain-washed and clean scents of the morning... a wonderful way to charge myself with positive energy, before going to work.

And thinking about the term "blue moon", I couldn't help thinking about one of my favourite horror comedy movies (well, "comedy" referring to a rather grim sense of humor): "An American Werewolf in London", using various versions of the classic song "Blue Moon", including the 1961 version by The Marcels.

Here's a nice music video, using (occasionally quite bloody) scenes from the movie, with the two best songs used in the movie: Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Bad Moon Rising" and the aforementioned "Blue Moon" by The Marcels:


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen