Mittwoch, 19. September 2012

Mid-week early morning impressions...

Well, this morning certainly feels like autumn, considering the quite cool air (10°C/50°F), which I felt first, after getting out of gthe shower, drying myself off and then opening the bathroom window, to watch a puff of steam escape and feel a cool breeze entering the room. This first slight chill made me feel really awake at once, and I smiled, stepping out of the bathroom to get my coffee, then opened my balcony door to greet this dark early in my usual nuddhist way, enjoying the feeling of a slight breeze on my skin.

Gazing towards the poplar trees in the back yard - black shadows in front of a dark night sky, since sunrise won't be until an hour later - I saw Orion twinkling just left of them in the south-eastern sky. The air smells freash and clean and in the back yard, there are wet spots reflecting the light of street lamps nearby... so, it has rained overnight, washing the air clean. Watching my breath leaving my mouth with little wisps of steam, I slowly sip on my warm, sweet coffee, feeling again the doubly invigorating effect of the caffeine brew from the inside and the cool air on the outside...

Interesting fact: the positions of the three great pyramids in Giza, Egypt, correspond with the positions of the three stars in Orion's belt: Al-Nitak, Al-Nilam and Mintaka


I am looking forward to feeling the wet ground beneath my soles, when making my barefoot trip to work - for of course, I won't be donning shoes as yet... to avert feeling cold, I rather put on a slightly thicker jacket (my thick black cotton hoodie will do just fine) to keep my core temperature high, while enjoying the feeling of cool pavement, puddles and wet grass, letting those sensations trigger the circulation in my lower legs...

The fall equinox is still three days away, but according to current forecasts, mornings are predicted to feel just like this one: cool and clear, promising to add that extra portion of refreshment to start into a work day charged with positive energy. Another thing to look forward to: eleven days to the next full moon... basking in the full moon's light on such a clear night/early morning, while feeling Earth beneath my bare feet will add even more nice and positive energy...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen