Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2012

Indian Summer Days - Part 2

I'm still experiencing the effects of Mother Nature's warm breath blown over my part of the world... October 20, early morning (well, around 8.30 am is rather early for a Saturday!), and temperatures are as high as 18°C (almost 65F)... such conditions were just perfect for my nuddhist morning exercise on the balcony, once again enjoying the feeling of a mild breeze on my skin while doing a breathing meditation, followed by having a mug of strong and sweet coffee (mocha blend) in the nude, as well as for choosing a summerly outfit for going to work a barefoot office shift on this Saturday. I did once again regret to live in a "civilized" society, where the best choice of comfortable clothing - no clothes at all - is frowned upon as being "indecent", "improper" or even "lewd" instead of being perceived as what it is: natural and comfortable. Oh well, such is life with stupid social taboos...

Even though October 20 was to be "Unplug from The Matrix! Day", I had to spend some time inside The Matrix!, known as the office world, since many people there have fallen ill from severe cold or flu symptoms, leaving the rest of us with more work to do and therefore raising the demand for overtime... even the project and team admin (that is: me) is not safe from that.







("Unplug from The Matrix! Day" theme pictures shared by Sacred Geometry & The Flower of Life on http://www.facebook.com/sacredgeo  )

Still, I wanted to be myself and show it as much as possible and therefore dressed in my favourite sarong and a black t-shirt with my namesake printed on it. Needless to say, I was barefoot.

Getting out to the tram stop, I saw a nice suburban morning sun peeking through from under hazy clouds, promising a nice and warm day to come. The paved sidewalks and the waiting area at the tram stop felt nice underfoot, since they hadn't cooled much overnight...




Due to rail repair works over the weekend, the tram wasn't running, though, and so a bus, as its replacement, pulled up to the stop and I entered, receiving the usual double takes from the driver and the few passengers there were on this early Saturday morning... this time, the looks were aimed at my outfit choice as well as at my bare feet. On changing at the central station underground bus stop (it's in a tunnel underneath the station building), I went upstairs, getting a few snacks for the office day, had a smoke outside the building (yeah, I know... it's still an unhealthy habit!), received more looks and double-takes and then went back down into the bus stop tunnel to take the relay to the area, where the office is located. And approaching the point, where I wanted to wait, I witnessed once again the stupidity of some people, when it comes to drinking behaviour...


I don't mind having a beer now and then. Not at all... on the contrary, I like having one or a few occasionally, too. But: beer is sold in deposit bottles over here... smashing them is not only bad behaviour (environmentally unsound, too), it's a waste of money. Lots of people litter and pay no attention to what they leave behind. But most often, they refrain from it, when doing so would affect their wallets, be it by being fined for littering or losing deposit and return money. Of course, the idiot smashing that bottle thought last about people who might be walking barefoot... but obviously, he (I'm quite sure it was a male) also had switched off his brain as far as environmental and financial reasons for not littering were concerned.

Oh, well, one of those pet peeves in the life of a barefooter...

However, I didn't let that get to me for too long, but went on my way, enjoying the sidewalks, patches of grass here and there and the warmth of an Indian Summer morning on my way to work, while the morning sun lit up the grass I was walking on, making me a happy barefooter, despite having to work...



As far as weather conditions are concerned, the days to come can just stay that way...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen