Freitag, 17. Mai 2013

TGIF! - Heading barefoot into the Whitsun Weekend...







Of course, "TGIF! - Thank Goddess, it's Friday!", is foremost something to celebrate at the end of a week at work. In my case, it's the entrance into the long Whitsun Weekend, with me returning to "The Matrix!" of office work next Tuesday. But still, I want to share the good mood of entering a long weekend with all the people who are currently at work and count the hours and minutes until they can leave work and head into a three-day period of relaxing and recharging.

Relax and Recharge - the recipe for the long weekend...

While the first half of my vacation was perfect for spending nuddhist quality time outdoors, the weather has turned a bit cooler and greyish, with occasional rain in the second half. Still, I had nice moments, such as meeting an online friend in person, spending a weekend at her home town or taking part in setting up the new Guiness World Record in mass tree-hugging.

So far, I have been successful during my vacation to never wear shoes wherever I went.


On really rainy days, I also spent lazy days, skyclad indoors... I felt a little like Diogenes, the ancient Greek philosopher, who is said to have lived nearly and sometimes fully naked in a barrel, thinking about life...

Diogenes, reclining nude on the ground, leaning against a tree with a cup and a jug at his side; a river and a cityscape in the background Engraving. Print made by Agostino Veneziano, 1515. Bartsch suggests that this engraving is after a drawing attributed to Baccio Bandinelli. © The Trustees of the British Museum

While Christian mythology calls sloth one of the "Deadly Sins", I simply call it relaxing.
 
I hope that I will be able to spend some nuddhist time outdoors again, before my vacation ends. The weather forecast shows promising conditions with possible sunshine and warm temperatures on Sunday... perhaps I will be able to end my vacation with another skyclad picnic...




Of course, that, too, will be "lazy" time and (due to my naturally nude state of being) "indecent" in the eyes of mainstream... actually, I have seen lots of things in the world that can be rightfully called "indecent", and I don't believe that my happy naked belly (or any other happy naked part of me, for that matter) is among them. But then, I do not believe in the concepts of "sin" or "shame" when the naked human body is concerned.

Therefore, I will happily continue taking more of my merry and shameless "nude fruit bowl" pictures...




Maybe, I will add bananas and pears to the next series of yummy fruit bowl photographs...

Have a happy barefoot and skyclad Whitsun weekend.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen